Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day Trip to the Royal Gorge

Yesterday my family was visiting from Wisconsin and we decided to take a day trip down to the Royal Gorge in Canon City, Colorado.  The area had recently been burned out by fires, and many of the businesses are still rebuilding and you actually are still not allowed to go down into the Gorge or across the bridge.  The only way to view the area is just from a small overlook that is accessible by car or by hiking, we chose to stretch our legs and walk, and wow was it worth it.  What a beautiful place.  I can't believe I've never visited this place as long as I've been in Colorado, it really was spectacular.  This was my favorite from yesterday.



This print is available from my etsy site.. https://www.etsy.com/listing/191034679/the-royal-gorge-in-canon-city-colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment